Pages

Sunday, September 18, 2011

A Mermaid called Better

From the basic concept to the technical implementation, I'm always tempted by this Mermaid called Better.
You can see three examples on the previous bills, at concept phase I wander if I could extend my first and fairly good idea to a better, widder project.
While reviewing the technologies in my possesion I spend a lot of time trying to get to some technical specificity that won't even be relevant.
And as I think on my model I spend ages trying to fit a square in a cricle, juste because a clean inheritence tree is theoritically better.

In my work at the games company, we have this little phrase on the wall over the project followup board that says "Done is better than perfect". It means that, following the rule of 80/20, you'll take 20 minutes to get a 80% satisfying solution to your problem wich is surely enought, but 80 minutes to reach the other 20% at the expense of many other problems needing a solution.

You'd probably put this maxime somewhere at your workplace, or maybe a ceiling cat ;P

No comments:

Post a Comment