With my environment ready I'll have to test to see if everything is operating by the book.
Runing the first samples I figured out that basic features are quite usable, you can put texts, draw shapes and lines and import png files, all with a perfectly mimiced flash API and good results on flash and win/CPP targets.
This is most engaging, at least the core concept is possible to make with these tools.
But I'm a little worried about my assets, I've make three simple assets with Inkscape and now I have svg files, including vector graphics in my project would be great as I probably wont need the same resolution for web, native and phone targets. I haven't found any samples using svg so it's maybe not implemented, the lack of results on Google confirms my suspicions. From a reading on the haXe mailing list I learn that a NME based Library called gm2d has svg import, let's install and see.
A quick test is non conclusive on the ability of gm2d to support svg, I think it's my doing, I probably don't get all the subtilities ; but something else catch my attention, gm2d is able to import swf files and use them in CPP projects ! This is great, I could use this for a lot of other projects, just not this one, but it requires some testing from work, there I will be able to produce different swf and see how gm2d supports them.
For now I just feel uncomfortable with gm2d, a quick look in the sources shows me a lot of nme's bindings to the flash API are rewritten so that could mean maybe less functionalities than NME, different bug database, and from the samples I see it's a very intrusive library.
I decide that it's to much to take and svg isn't worth it. I'll just keep with NME and maybe try gm2d another time.
No comments:
Post a Comment